Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
Top contest3 scores
Extra Credit Spring2014:
Up to 2% of your grade will be allocated for the extra credit assignment.
1) Select one specific reaction covered in class.
2) Find a specific example of this reaction in a peer-reviewed article.
is a good way to search for this.
3) Describe how to carry out the reaction in point form in your own words with enough detail that another chemist could replicate it (include all pertinent information such as amounts of reactants, temperature, time, yield, etc.)
4) Create a scheme for the reaction - for molecule pictures ChemSpider is a good source - for screenshot cropping Paint works well
5) Post on the wiki and provide a DOI link to the article
Deadline for committing to a specific reaction
Friday May 16, 2014 9:50 AM
Deadline to turn in extra credit project
Friday May 23, 2014 9:50 AM
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"